- MN-10 Part 2 22-Feb-06 Cont.The Satipathana Sutta (Four Foundations of Mindfulness)
Day 4 covers the last 2 foundations of mindfulness; mind and thought
- Jhana - What is an exalted Jhana and what is a surpassed Jhana.
- When you let go of craving you experience a “Liberated Mind”.
- Samatha and Vipassana work hand in hand-not separately as other teachers say.
- Bhante describes the “insight knowledges” and “Access” concentration as defined by Mahasi Sayadaw in Vipassana and shows how these are different than what he teaches.
- The right kind of Jhana is essential, not optional and certainly not to be avoided.
- Distractions and working with them. What happens when they disappear.
- Understanding Feelings-the most important step- The Weak link is craving.
- The 7 enlightenment factors. Laughing at something because it's true!
- What is right effort? Story about monk who used too much effort and made no progress.
- Story of eating the whole bowl of Mangoes.
- Story of the Fat Buddha. How did he get fat and who was he really. (Wasn’t the Buddha!-Hint)
- The stages of enlightenment. What are they and how long does it take to get there. 7 years, 6 yrs..
- Nibbana, the path and the fruition-more detail about the final step of the process.